Self delusion is my optimism

Monday, October 30, 2006

My dad lost money again,from his savings and apparently someone took it.
It kills me,and it's just so awkward when my mom came over to tell me bout it.

Cause i know who did it,and thats the damn problem.I just kept silent and nodded my head,
for i dared not look up at her.It's not me,i'd never do anything like that,well i once did.
I was in primary school back then and i found a small wallet in a drawer,and in a bid to fund my
thirst for ridiculous stuff like pokemon cards,and stuff like that,i took two dollars a day.
Nevertheless my luck ran out one fine day,and my dad screamed his head off at me,not to forget
the thrashing i had.Somehow it went deep in me and i never once carried a thought bout
stealing.

I tried being a good brother,covering for him the last time i found out bout what he did,i warned
him to never do it again and let the incident go.But deep down i knew it wouldn't just end at
that.I hate being put in such a dilemma,just torn between protecting him or just letting him face
the consequences.He's changed,and when i thought i was the worst kid my parents had,with my
fights in school,forging of signatures,bgr,etc.But somehow my brother seems to be "out-doing"
me in all fields except studies.

It looks like Rui has to get serious bout studying,cause he has realised his parents are placing loads of hope on him making it to university.So much that they're dangling a carrot in front of me,trying to get me off my lazy bum and start moving.The carrot?Monetary award.The amount?1k.It's not so much bout the money,but through this i've realised that they're desperate for me to make it there,and me wanting to be a good son wants them to swell in pride and bask in happiness...

So much for looking forward to my holidays,it's time to start a five hour study day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home